Dubai is like a mixture of several different cities- it’s a complicated cocktail. One part Las Vegas (for the glamour and excess), one part Beijing (for the size) and one part modern Islamic metropolis. Mix that all together and serve it straight up, with a twist. The recipe is one-of-a-kind, and it’s definitely worth a visit or more. So whether it’s in Easter you plan to visit Dubai or during summer, there is always a wide range of fun-filled attractions and things to do.
Family & Kids Attractions
Looking for a place to have fun with your kids? Here are a few suggestions:
- Dubai Zoo: it is the oldest zoo in the Arabian region. It houses many Arabian species such as the Arabian Wolves and Gordon’s Wildcat.
- Encounter Zone: is an indoor family entertainment destination delivering extraordinary fun, excitement and excellent service.
- Dubai Ice Rink: just glide into the magical winter wonderland at Dubai Ice Rink.
- Sega Republic: is a high-adrenaline indoor theme park for the whole family.
Places To Visit in Dubai
There are so many places to see during your visit in Dubai, here are a few pointers:
- Burj Al Khalifa: The Burj Khalifa skyscraper is a world-class destination and the magnificent centrepiece of Downtown Dubai, Dubai’s new urban masterpiece. The world’s tallest building is surrounded by hotels, must-visit shopping destinations and a world of entertainment options.
- Dubai Museum: Al Fahidi Fort was built in 1787, also now known as Dubai Museum contains many items and information about Dubai and the Gulf Emirates in 1960s.
- Dubai Gold Souk: Just like the Souk in Morocco, Located in Deira, the streets are filled with many gold shops that you can’t take your eyes off!
- Burj Al Arab: “the world’s only seven-star hotel”, is worth a visit, although unless you are a guest you aren’t allowed inside the gate. The loophole is to make a reservation for “Sky Tea”, or high tea in the Skyview Bar located on the top floor of the sail-shaped hotel.
- Atlantis Hotel at Palm Jumeirah: a man-made island in the shape of a palm tree. In the lobby you will find a magnificent glass sculpture by the infamous glass artist Dale Chihuly. Indulge in mouthwatering sushi at Nobu Restaurant before heading back to the mainland.
Events & Activities
There’s a wide range of views and attractions to see during your visit to Dubai, such as:
- Desert Safari: Explore the beautiful scenery of the vast desert and enjoy a delicious barbequed meal while listening to music.
- Big Bus Tour: Enjoy sightseeing Dubai’s key attractions with the Big Bus Tour!
- Dhow Cruise: Hop aboard the famed Dhow Cruise for exceptional delicacies and some star-gazing.
- You can have fun during your visit to Dubai by playing paintball, bowling, ice skating, iFLY and many more!
If you are visiting between January to February, take advantage of the Dubai Shopping Festival and shop till you drop.