The United Kingdom’s high commission in Nigeria recently announced some updated rules for travellers going to the UK. The UK has scrapped its green and red lists. Now, there’s a single red list. With this new update, Nigeria is no longer on the red list and now on the green list. From Monday, 11th October 2021, fully vaccinated Nigerian travellers (including those under 18) going to the UK, are:
- Not required to take a Pre-departure Covid 19 test (PDT)
- To undertake a day 8 test or self-isolate for 10 days.
- To take a PCR test on day 2.
This new policy applies to those fully vaccinated with AstraZeneca (including Covidshield), Pfizer, Moderna and Janssen (Johnson and Johnson) vaccines. To be eligible for this policy, you will need to provide a valid proof of 2 doses of the vaccine. For Nigerians, the vaccination cards with QR codes, are recognized by British authorities.
Non-vaccinated travellers are to:
- Take a pre-departure COVID-19 test, at least 72 hours before departure.
- Take day 2 and 8 tests after arrival in the UK.
- Complete a passenger locator form, at least 48 hours before arrival.
- Quarantine at home for 10 days, after arrival.
By the end of October, 2021, fully-vaccinated travellers can replace their day 2 PCR test with a lateral flow test when arriving in England.
As always, you can reach out to us at Wakanow to assist with all your travel needs.