He who would travel happily must travel light.—Antoine De Saint-Exupery
When travelling, it’s easy to get sidetracked by luggage especially if it’s extremely heavy and you need to be lugging them around. The following tips will help you pack light and right when you are travelling.
• Pack as light as possible. Do not bring things just because they might come in handy. Only items you are allowed to carry are the ones you absolutely need.
• Choose dark or neutral colored clothing, so any dirt or stains acquired while moving from place to place on your trip won’t be too apparent. Try to stick to two or three colors, so that all your clothes mix and match.
• If you are travelling to a place with cooler weather; layering clothes is more effective than hauling around bulky sweaters or coats.
• Roll garments up into tight tubes to save packing space and avoid major wrinkling. Packing cubes can be used to keep your rolled up clothing contained and organized.
• Leave your laptop behind, not only is it heavy, it also takes up space plus you need the break away from it to really relax.
• Put an odor absorber, scented drawer sachet or dryer sheets inside of your luggage to keep your clothes smelling fresh.
• If you love reading, bring only one book, you can trade it in later.
• Bring lots of baby wipes and Ziploc bags
• Pack only comfortable shoes you can walk around in